Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Apples and Oranges - the art of Claudia Fouse Fountaine and Alan J. Klawans

"Apples and Oranges"
Featuring
Claudia Fouse Fountaine
and
Alan J. Klawans


June 10 - July 4

Alan Klawans and Claudia Fouse Fountaine will be showing their work together at Artists' Gallery, and their images couldn't be more different than apples and oranges. All the artwork was created during Pandemic, and each artist responded quite differently to the situation.

ALAN - "My art is my visualization of the Covid 19 Pandemic from March 2020 to March 2021. It is abstract and I have used some of the same shapes over and over again within the various compositions to indicate that the virus was present for many months---and still is. The medium for my pictures is inkjet printing and I have varied the color to indicate my moods during the various months of the cycle that I have chosen to portray." 

CLAUDIA - "My art is basically a celebration, of light, of color...of Life, really. As the Pandemic wore on I felt less and less like celebrating anything. At one point I stopped painting altogether, hopefully waiting for a glimmer of joie de vivre' to return. I tried focusing on memories of beautiful places, Nature, animals, and just the objects around me. Eventually I was able to scrape together enough paintings and my old creative enthusiasm began to return. May I continue on that path!"



  Visit the event website for more information and additional images.
 
  Don't forget - along with our featured exhibit, all 16 of our professional artists continuously have their work on exhibit. We look forward to your next visit to Artists' Gallery, where there's always something new to see.

 
Artists' Gallery, 18 Bridge Street, Lambertville, NJ - map & directions
Gallery hours: Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sunday 11 am - 6 pm
www.lambertvillearts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment