Thursday, June 5, 2014

Jane Adriance / José Anico

Jane Adriance / José Anico
June 5 - July 6, 2014
Opening reception: Saturday, June 7, 5-8pm


Jane Adriance and José Anico are exhibiting together for the first time in a two-person show this June at Artists' Gallery. Jane and José are two of our newest artists at Artists' Gallery, and this will be a great opportunity to see their work.



Jane Adriance's colorful, imaginative watercolors contrast sharply with oil painter José Anico's subtle landscapes which sometimes depict the grittier side of daily life. Together, their work covers a wide range of style and emotion. Adriance / Anico

"I paint what is exotic to me in my daily life" says Adriance, "I like to create startling contradictions between the everyday and the unknown. Sometimes the unexpected or bizarre compositions become a springboard to fantasy for me and hopefully the viewer".

"As a person I am interested in socio-political ideas. As an artist I am interested in how to represent them conceptually." says Anico, "I view my work as an invitation to a narrative."

Please stop by and see the show when you can!  There will be an opening reception on Saturday, June 7, 5-8pm.


Artists' Gallery, 18 Bridge Street, Lambertville, NJ - map & directions
Gallery hours: Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sunday 11 am - 6 pm
www.lambertvillearts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment